Ok so were doing lists today. But ESPN has a list that has me perplexed. Today, ESPN released the top 9 teams to make the playoff:
- Alabama: Duh
- Ohio State: Sure, but only if Urban Meyer isn’t allowed to show up
- Georgia: Happened last year and Jake Fromm is the man.
- Clemson: Kelly Bryant is gone, Trevor Lawrence is injured, but they still have Hunter Renfrow
- Notre Dame: If the Irish can be in this list, why can’t UCF
- Oklahoma: Kyle Murray is the man
- Penn State: After Illinois, I really don’t know. But they do have Trace McSorely
- Washington: How will #Pac12AfterDark affect the Huskies?
- Michigan: Too early to say.
In reality you have 5 power conference championships:
- Wisconsin/Iowa vs. Ohio State/Michigan
- Alabama/LSU vs Georgia/Kentucky
- Clemson vs. Virginia Tech/Miami
- Oklahoma vs. West Virginia
- Washington vs. USC/Colorado
Now if any of these teams have more than 1 loss going into the conference championship, UCF and Notre Dame have a chance.
We all know Pac 12’s night games will hurt Washington. Kentucky is undefeated going into Week 6 and they could make the conference championship game if all goes according to plan and on that note, so is LSU.
There is a lot of football still to be played and a lot could happen, but this list is asinine and there are definitely at least 9 more teams that could make this list.